Welcome by Yannick Jadot, Greens/EFA Coordinator on trade policy
Moderator Yannik Jadot,
introducing the three panels to explore TTIP - some popular myths
Panel 1: "TTIP will contain China and tie the US to Europe"
- Pierre Defraigne, Executive Director, Madariaga College of Europe Foundation
- Denis Redonnet, European Commission, DG Trade
- Melinda St.Louis, Public Citizen, USA
Panel 2: "TTIP is good for jobs and SMEs"
- Thea Lee, AFL/CIO
- Hans-Jürgen Völz, Federal Association of Medium-Sized Enterprises (BVMW), Germany
- Peter Chase, US Chamber of Commerce, Brussels
Panel 3: "TTIP will create a gold standard for global trade"
- Chiara Giovannini, European Consumer Voice in Standardisation (ANEC)
- Sharon Treat, Maine Citizen Trade Policy Commission, USA
- Sanya Reid-Smith, Third World Network, Geneva
Conclusions by Ska Keller, Green MEP in the Trade Committee