A Greens/EFA conference:
Europe 2020 agenda: a path or barrier to the Green New Deal?
This Greens/EFA conference recorded stream is now available here.
Tuesday 3 March 2010, from 09.30 to 17.00
|09.30 - 11.15
||Part 1: How to ensure the EU leads on green technologies?
||Focus: Leaders in Green technologies in Europe
Moderation: Greens/EFA MEP - Rebecca Harms
Introduction: Greens/EFA MEP - Claude Turmes
- Ditlev Engel - President and CEO, Vestas Wind Systems
- Giuliano Monizza - Group Vice President Power Products and Power System, ABB
- Harry Verhaar - Head of Strategic Sustainability Initiatives, Philips Lighting
- Philip Cooke - Director, Centre for Advanced Studies
|11:15 - 13:00
||Part 2: What role for public and private investment in the Green New Deal?
||Focus: Funds, Venture Capital, Banks, Semi-Public Investors
Moderation: Greens/EFA MEP - Philippe Lamberts
Introduction: Greens/EFA MEP - Pascal Canfin
- Eoin McLoughlin - Comhar Sustainable Development Council
- Christophe De Winter - Executive Director - Project Finance BNP Paribas Fortis
- Guido Agostinelli - Senior Associate,Good Energies AG
- Blaise Desbordes - Director of Sustainable Development, Caisse de Dépôts
|15:00 - 17:00
||Part 3: Is growth (even if it's green) sustainable?
How much growth is possible, wishful and necessary in a green economy?
How can we measure the success of a green economy?
Introduction: Greens/EFA MEP - Caroline Lucas
- Moderation: Leigh Phillips - Reporter, EU Observer
- Bernd Meyer - Institute of Economic Structures Research
- Tim Jackson - Professor of Sustainable Development and Director of the Research group on Lifestyles, Values and Environment (RESOLVE).